Monday, August 15, 2011

Hope to Japan

I know this is old stuff, but I'm new to Blogging & really wanted to share this
I was fortunate enough to attend the Bologna Children's Book Fair 2011 (will have to write about that too)
When I returned one of the projects I received was to send a picture to Art Ehon to make a book and use as an app. for prayers to Japan
I did and I loved doing it!I loved the freedom & creative energy that I had doing something good for someone else!
First I researched all the animals that symbolised hope,strength,regrowth,recovery...all good possitive energies!My Mom is a  Reiki Master & she was involved with groups in sending Reiki to Japan,I thought this was a way I could do something(however small)
Then  I got the biggest piece of paper and started drawing ,just letting the creative juices take over.. I then started painting...
 


just pencil outlines and paint
 


Note the salt on the sky,it gives a great texture
   ...added pastles, pencils and outlined it all giving shape to my drawings, sprinkled salt onto the wet sky to give it an amazing texture




The dog symbolizes best friend,loyalty,protection, the frog : fertility,transformation,healing,cleansing
  


The rooster wards off evil ,gives courage ,the cat is for gaurdianship,protection,balance
  
 Japanese legend promises that anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted a wish by a crane, such as long life or recovery from illness or injury.


Red cow symbolizes hope



Dandelions symbolize a wish coming true, hope



Cricket symbolizes good luck, fertility, the bear: nuturing,healer
   
  My friend Sharon  took some photographs & I then added the final details on photoshop




The artwork before wording

 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment