Monday, December 26, 2011

Tomie dePaola Award

Hi All!
Wow !I havent written for ages!Life has been rather frantic! and in the craziness I have forgotten to post my entry for the 2012 SCBWI Tomie dePaola Award . The challenge was to illustrate the following text:
"So they went along and went along until they met Turkey Lurkey
Good morning, Goosey Loosey, Ducky Daddles, Cocky Locky ,Henny Penny and Chicken Licken," said Turkey Lurkey, "where are you going?"
"Oh Turkey Lurkey, the sky is falling and we are going to tell the king!"
"How do you know the sky is falling?" asked Turkey Lurkey.
"Ducky Daddles told me," said Goosey Loosey.
"Cocky Locky told me," said Ducky Daddles
"Henny Penny told me," said Cocky Locky
"Chicken Licken told me," said Henny Penny
"I saw it with my own eyes, I heard it with my own ears, and a piece fell on my tail!" said Chicken Licken.
"Then I will go with you," said Turkey Lurkey, and will tell the King!"
I had great fun going with the kids to draw the chickens,ducks & turkeys on our "mini zoo"
I will post some of their gorgeous drawings too!
I loved doing this piece & I added some of the map from Bulgaria (special meaning for me -where we just had a beautiful family reunion)

My entry for the Tomie dePaolo Award







No comments:

Post a Comment